Mother and Baby Institutions, Magdalene Laundries and Workhouses in Northern Ireland
Truth Recovery Strategy
Truth Recovery Panel Report
Launched October 2021
- N Ireland Executive will lead on Report RecommendationsThe First and deputy First Ministers have reached agreement on the shape of a public… Read More »N Ireland Executive will lead on Report Recommendations
- Image Gallery from the Truth Recovery Panel Report Launch day on 5 October 2021
- Ministers welcome mother and baby institutions and Magdalene Laundries reportThe publication of a report on an independent investigation into mother and baby homes and… Read More »Ministers welcome mother and baby institutions and Magdalene Laundries report
- Media reflections from Launch of ReportThe Truth Recovery Independent Panel launched the full report and Executive Summary on Tuesday 5… Read More »Media reflections from Launch of Report
- Panel launch Truth Recovery ReportUnprecedented Independent Investigation into Mother and Baby Institutions, Magdalene Laundries and Workhouses recommended in Truth… Read More »Panel launch Truth Recovery Report
- Learning the Lessons Report Amnesty internationalFrom Amnesty International – original link to Amnesty is here “Following the publication of a… Read More »Learning the Lessons Report Amnesty international
Following publication of the Queen’s University/ Ulster University Report, Mother and Baby Homes and Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland, 1922-1990, the Northern Ireland Executive agreed to establish an independent investigation/ inquiry into the Homes and Laundries in Northern Ireland.
Details of the Truth Recovery Strategy are provided in the Project Brief – link below.
The Northern Ireland Executive have appointed a three-person Panel to work alongside victims and survivors of the institutions and their families to explore options for an investigation/ inquiry. This ‘co-design’ process is to be completed by the end of September 2021.
The Independent Panel was appointed in March. It is chaired by Deirdre Mahon and its members are Dr Maeve O’Rourke and Prof Phil Scraton.
Victims & Survivors
This is a unique project established by the Northern Ireland Executive.
Details and information on the Panel’s work, including ethical protocol, standards and stages in the Consultation Process can be found here.
Research Report January 2021 on Mother and Baby Homes and Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland
Research into Mother and Baby Homes was commissioned in 2017 to inform the Northern Ireland Executive about the operation of the Homes and Laundries in Northern Ireland from 1922-1999.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the Truth Recovery Panel official website is here to provide important information to all victims and survivors on the work of the Truth Recovery Panel. Within the website there are links provided signposting to supports, websites or resources which are owned by third parties. The Truth Recovery Panel are providing this for information purposes and have no control over the nature, content and availability of those third party websites, and do not have responsibility for the information or content thereon. The inclusion of any links to other websites, supports or information does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of any views expressed within them. The panel are not responsible for the availability of such external websites, Social Media pages (including Facebook and Twitter),or resources and will not be liable for any content, advertising, services, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.